Thursday, September 22, 2005

Por Fin An Update!

Ok, so I know I´ve been bad about this. But with the brothers being here we´ve been so busy! It´s nice to have friends and some to relate to and someone who actually speaks your language and gets your jokes. We´ve been fitting in. The friends have invited us over for dinner at their house. This one Mexican family had us over for tacos and it wasn´t until after I had eaten 4 that she told me it was cow tongue meat!!!!! Brandon however ate about 15! But don´t worry we walk everywhere! hehe

We also had TOD night with the 2 American sisters living here and two single visiting brothers. This we are bringing back home. TOD-Table of Drinks. As you can imagine it involves alcohol and anything said at TOD night doesn´t leave TOD night. It was a blast. A great way to get to know people and ease the uncomfortable awkward barrier.

We also went out to the coast to Puerto Escondido. I´ve emailed most of you those photos already. It was beautiful but HUMID! We could only stay out in service for 3 hours. We were drenched and dehydrated.

We travelled back to Oaxaca on second class bus with a route that involves over 600 turns through the mountains. Needless to say, our stomachs felt every turn! But it was a beautiful sight...large banana tree leaves grasping to the hillside, endless view of moutain peaks, vultures circling above.

We also made it out to the Tule Tree finally! The whole group of brothers went. What can I say, it was big and it was old. I have some good shots but I didn´t have my camera with me. I used another brothers so as soon as he sends them to me I´ll post them.

There was a going away party for the brothers. They sang, they danced, they played guitar, I got sick. This time with a head/chest cold. I´m still recovering from the cough. Don´t worry it´s all on tape.

We´ve been enjoying service. We have about 5 studies, 15 return visits. Today we went out as well. You can´t not appreciate the surroundings you´re preaching in. In one territory today we passed a lemon tree, a pepper plant, a fig tree, a banana tree (we picked one), a rose bush, mispero tree, aloe plants, etc... It´s a beautiful tropical climate with many plants and flowers we´ve never seen before. And luckily, the hurricane could never affect us b/c we´re surrounded by mountain ranges on all sides. So we´re enjoying our time here and each others company!

Brandon was just assigned the no. 4 talk this morning in service as a substitute so we´ve been working on that this afternoon. It´s the one about Smyrna...yeah, we didn´t know too much about them. But I must go, we have to finish preparing for the meeting tonight.

Miss you all!

1 Comments:

At 5:34 AM, Blogger Vincent said...

Oh my GOSH a number four!!

Horry clap blandon! You clazy mellikan!

...not sure what a Japanese accent has to do with this. But anyway. That's so awesome! Let us know how it goes foos.

I miss you guys. It's not the same around here without you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home